all over the Internet ,People are now switching to Gtalk slowly and slowly leaving yahoo messenger due to some enhanced feature.So its necessary for new gtalk users to know more about Gtalk ,for this we have created a short Gtalk Tutorials that will help users while surfing gtalk .
Send Bold Text: Text embedded between two * characters is displayed as bold text. Example: This is a *bold* statement.
Send Italics Text: Text embedded between two _(underscore) characters is displayed as italics text. Example: This is an _italics_ statement
Insert Line Breaks: If you want to have a message that spans multiple paragraphs, just hold shift and hit enter
Send mail: Press F9 to send a mail to the contact with whom you are chatting
Restore Google Talk Window: Press Windows Key + Esc to restore Google Talk window from system tray
Call a Contact: Press F11 to start a voice call with the chat contact and F12 to end the voice call
Insert Line Breaks – If you want to have a message that spans multiple paragraphs, just hold shift and hit enter. You can add as many new lines as you want to create.
Switch Windows – Hitting tab will cycle through open windows. It will select minimized conversations, to expand them just hit enter. If you just want to cycle through IM’s and don’t care about the buddy list, control-tab will do that and will automatically expand a minimized conversation if you settle on one.
Length Of A Single Message – A message can be max 32767 characters long.
Use Keyboard shortcuts while talking in Gtalk ,It will make yours work fast and talk Easy ,Below are some keyboard shortks for Gtalk User.
- Ctrl + 5 (KeyPad) – Selects all the text typed.
- Ctrl + 1 (NumPad) – It goes at the end of the last line.
- Ctrl + 7 (NumPad) – It goes at the begin of the last line.
- Ctrl + F4 – It closes the current window.
- Alt + F4 – It closes the current window.
- Alt + Esc – It Minimize the current open window.
- Windows + ESC – Open Google Talk (if it’s minimized, or in the tray).
- F9 – Open Gmail to send an email to the current contact.
Nickname & Status Message:You can’t change your nickname in a way that other people will see it change. Every nickname in the Google Talk contactlist is the part that is before @gmail.com (only the alphabetical characters are used) or the name you chosen for your GMail account. To change the nickname need to go to your Gmail account and change the name there. Choose Settings, Accounts, and then Edit info. Click on the second radio button, and enter your custom name. As a result all of your emails will have that nick as well, there is no way to seperate the two. You can add a website in your custom message, it will be clickable when someone opens a conversation window with you.
- F11 – It initiates a telephonic call with your friend.
- F12 – It cancels a telephonic call.
- Esc – It closes the current window
How To Make Conference Calls:To have conference calls in Gtalk: Open up a copy of Google Talk on all computers with which you wish to conference. After one copy is opened make a new shortcut for Google Talk but at the end of the target add /nomutex. If you installed it to the default folder then your shortcut should read
“C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex.
Open Second instance of the software on every user’s computer.After this start a chain: User 1 should connect on one instance to user 2. User 2 will connect on his second instance to user 3. User 3 will connect using his second instance back to user 1. With this chain everyone is connected to everyone.
Login to multiple Google Talk accounts simultaneously with a very easy hack. Follow these steps
- Create a shortcut of Google Talk messenger on your desktop or any other preferred location .(To create a shortcut, right click on your Google Talk messenger application and select Send To–>Desktop(create shortcut) )
- Right click on the Google Talk messenger icon and select Properties option
- Modify target location text “c:\program files\google\google talk\googletalk.exe” /startmenu to
“c:\program files\google\google talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex
- Click Ok and you are done with this .
Contacts: Don’t need to say yes or no when someone wants to add you as a friend; you can simply ignore it, the request will go away. (On the other hand, someone with whom you chat often will automatically turn to be your friend, unless you disable this). Wierd: The Gmail account ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ can’t be invited as your friend.